CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

I Love Italia!

That's right. LOVE IT. I've never been there but as of today Dan and I are saving for a trip coming November 2011. I know it's a very long time away but hello it's Italy!

I have to admit, I am the guru of Google lol. Why might you ask? Let me tell you. I found Dan and I a hotel plus airfare for six nights in Florence for a total of.......wait for it.......1675 dollars. That's right people you heard it. Just in case you didn't know that's *One THOUSAND six hundred seventy five dollars.* Now, any of you who know me know I'm not about to go to some hostel and relax for six days oh no. We are talking a four star hotel right in the center of the city, shopping, dining, art, the 17 foot David made out of marble. The whole nine. Now I know what you're thinking "What if I have a baby, what if this, what if that, who does she think she is" I get it. I totally get it. Honestly, I just don't care what people think. Italy has been a place that I've dreamt about over and over again. Dan will be running a marathon in Florence when we are there, he's actually the reason why we are even going in the first place.

Since we've talked about said trip I have been obsessed with the idea of going. "What am I going to wear, is November a good time to go, How many scoops of gelato can I have in six days." You get the point. Really my main concern is what I will be wearing. You have to understand Italy is the fashion capital of the world. Italian women look amazing without it seeming like it took a lot of effort. No sneakers, no jeans. I can deal with the no sneakers but c'mon no jeans? I know you can buy the trouser type jean which is fine. I just don't want to stick out like "the ugly american" from what I've read from a lot of travelers as well as Italian women they suggest you bring with you black pants/slacks, a good pair of walking shoes, jacket (rain, blazer), a dress, tops/t-shirts. They say to wear something fitted to your body but not tight, if you wear baggy or loose clothing you are looked down upon. When I say loose I mean to where your butt is sagging in the pants you have one. What I also find funny is that Italian women do not wear nail polish unless it's for a special occasion, that's another way for them to know you are not from there.

Just the thought of being in Italy with Dan makes me smile from ear to ear. Besides the fact it will probably be the most romantic place we've ever been it's ITALY. I don't think I can stress that enough. Let's also not forget that the Gucci outlet is there as well *insert evil smile here* from what I've read the items there are very discounted from the retail price. I can see myself now, walking away with a nice pair of Gucci loafers or a new purse. I think we may need to bring a lot of suitcases.

Italy for me has always been a place I never thought I'd be able to see but now that we've really been talking about it and saying how we need to start making an itinerary of all the things we'd like to visit it seems like it's really going to happen. There are tons of things to do in Florence the itinerary I have in my head already goes a little something like this:

Piazza San Giovanni & The Cathedral.

Ponte Vecchio

Duomo

Boboli Gardens

Uffizi Gallery

Leaning Tower of Pisca

The rest of time I'd love to just explore the city on our own. Eat at a trattoria that's tucked away on a side street. Visit Fiesole which is a town right above Florence. I want things planned but not too planned if that makes any sense. I guess I should start brushing up on my Italian.


2 comments:

flojat said...

That sounds absolutely fantastic!!! You are gonna knock 'em dead with your style, hun!

An Infertile Living In Jersey said...

Thanks FK!! Muah. Missing you chica

Search This Blog