CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, August 14, 2010

Egg Retrieval Was Nothing

So I had my egg retrieval yesterday and it's just getting easier and easier. Don't get me wrong it still freaks me out to get put to sleep but I tell you it's the best sleep I get. Right before I went off to la la land the nurses, my doctor, and a resident were talking about the show Jersey Shore and right as I was about to say something I was out. The only thing I remember is waking up and thinking I was either watching the show or in the show but either way it was pretty funny.

So in my haze my nurse tells me they retrieved 12 eggs. I was beyond excited to say the least, I really thought I wouldn't have got that many but when she told me I was thrilled. So after I start to come out of it more the nurse brings Dan back into the room to hang out with me while I'm fully awake. I lay there for about ten minutes and then I'm ready to get up get dressed and use the ladies room. After I use the restroom we are ready to go home, I couldn't wait to get in my bed and just relax. We get home about 1ish and I make the round of call mom, bff, cousins. Dan brings me some lunch and I take a nice nap for about two hours or so.

The rest of the night was uneventful, we just hung out watched some tv and I headed to bed early. Woke up this morning crazy early fearing that I would miss the call from my doctors office telling me how many of my eggs fertilized. I got the call around 10:15 that 9 out of 12 eggs fertilized. I couldn't believe it when she told me. I love me some goods but this, this is fantastic news. Right now the date for my transfer is Monday but she seems to think I could be pushed back until Wednesday. Either way I'm so happy with the results of this cycle. Now all I would need is to get that call telling me I'm pregnant and life would be grand but I won't know that until the 27th.

Here's to hoping this is our cycle.

No comments:

Search This Blog