CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, August 29, 2010

Mother Nature

Dear Fertility God, Regular God, Mother Nature, or To Whom It May Concern (including Oprah),

I understand that you’re busy. You have large responsibilities and a lot of things going on right now. I understand if you’re working on the oil spill, curing diseases and figuring who will take over for Oprah Winfrey after she leaves the network. I get it. You’re busy. But listen. There are a lot of us out there who really want to be mothers and we know we would make very good parents. We have gotten a taste of infertility (and it tastes awful) but we are ready to move forward to a pregnancy and a baby. We know that infertility has made us stronger and more sensitive, and we promise that we will cherish our babies every single day and give hope to others struggling with infertility.

But serious, Fertility God/Mother Nature, infertility is making us weird. We spend too many hours staring at the toilet paper, charting our basal temperature, googling our fake pregnancy symptoms and crying at baby showers. We use words like “ovulation” and "cervical mucus" like they are apart of normal conversation. Infertility is truly making us weird and we aren’t weird people. Just pointing out that it doesn’t serve society well when people are weird.

Mother Nature, from one mother to another, you know a lot about fertilization and we could really use that knowledge right about now. Next time, you fertilize something, consider throwing a little soil our way. Thank you for your consideration.

Yours Truly,

An Infertile

2 comments:

Leah said...

HI, so sorry to hear about your BFN. We have the exact retrieval and transfer dates. I have my beta tomorrow and have been POAS like crazy. I am also a nurse so I have access to blood draws so I'm the freak who sent my own betas (2 days in a row) this friday and saturday). they were 14 and then 28, and from what I can tell, that's really low so I'm definitely freaked out. I hope that you're ok and that you can find some peace . . . infertility TRULY sucks.

We have Angel Wings said...

I love this post. I wish it were really that easy to have some soil thrown our way.

((hugs))

Search This Blog