CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, March 8, 2010

Egg Retrieval & Thinking I Was In Miami?

I had my egg retrieval today and it wasn't as bad as what I thought it would be. Dan and I got there around 10:30 gave them everything that they needed and we just hung out for a few. My nurse finally called me back into the room around 10:50, I got undressed we went over a few things and then the anesthesiologist came to give me my IV. As he was doing all this we were making small talk just so that my nerves weren't all over the place. He got the IV in, my doctor came in talked for a little bit and the only thing I remember is my nurse asking me if I was starting to feel a little loopy I said yes and then I was out.

I wake up from this awesome dream where I'm in Miami with Bella sitting on the beach having a cocktail. So I wake up still thinking I'm there and I look around like "Where am I, where's Bella" then I realized I was dreaming. I start talking to my Nurse telling her about my dream.She then goes and gets Dan for me. He comes in I'm still feeling really loopy him and I are talking for a few, my nurse comes back in tells me to try and get dressed so I do that, I get dressed still feeling like I had about 8 Vodka & Cranberries. So finally it hits me to ask how many eggs they were able to get and she tells me ten. I'm like wow that's fantastic.

I really didn't think we'd get ten, I thought eight at the most. Dan and I go home and I go right into bed. He brings me some Gatorade, makes me some soup and I take about a three hour nap. I haven't had a lot of discomfort some mild cramping here and there but nothing terrible. We find out tomorrow how our little eggs are growing and then we will be doing a three or five day embryo transfer. I will post more once I get the report in tomorrow.

No comments:

Search This Blog