CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, March 6, 2010

The Shot Was Nothing!

I seriously had so much anxiety leading up to the shot. I kept counting it down in my head "Ok, I have three more hours before the shot", "Ok I have two more hours before the shot." I think because Dan was so nervous about it that it was making me more nervous. So 10:56 rolls around and Dan looks at me and says "Let's do this" I was ready. I put my game face on and was ready to conquer the world.

I mix what needed to be mixed, switched out the needles, rolled down my pants, put all my weight on my left leg and just as I was gripping the counter waiting for the shot Dan yells "Ohhhhh we forgot to ice you!" I get completely annoyed by this. I was like just do the shot forget the ice, the ice doesn't matter but no we ice my butt for a good two minutes I tell him to just do it. I get into the position again and BAM the needles goes in and I hardly feel it. I'm telling Dan over my shoulder to make sure he pulls the plunger out a little bit to check to see if there is any blood he does that and nothing so I tell him to push that medicine in. It goes in, he pulls out the needle and it's over before I even knew it.

He really did a great job, I think he was more nervous than I was. He was actually sweating by the time the whole process was over. After he was done he was rubbing the area and I was comforting him telling him what a good job he did. I stopped and said "Wait a minute shouldn't you be telling me that, shouldn't you be saying what a great job I've been doing" He was like yea but you know how I feel about needles. Which is the truth, he can't even watch anything to do with needles on T.V. let alone give me a shot. But, he did step up and did what needed to be done so for that I love him dearly.

1 comment:

Penny said...

When it comes to Dan having to say what a good job your doing...I must say..both of you should be saying it to each other..because even though you are going through the brunt work...you're both in this together..and when your upset ..he's upset..and so on...I think you both are doing a great job .=o)

Search This Blog