CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, February 26, 2010

Follistim & Menopur

So I started my stimulation meds today. Follistim I had no problem with since I've taken it in the past. Menopur is a new one for me. I gotta admit it was really easy to mix everything and looking at the needle I thought no problem I can handle this. I cleaned a part of my stomach, squeezed it as hard as I could went to put the needle it and to my surprise it really fucking hurt. I was so shocked at the pain that I actually stood there for a minute without injecting myself with the meds. Finally I snapped out of it and pushed the plunger in and felt the liquid go into my stomach. Not a great feeling. Dan stood by watching the whole ordeal and all he kept asking was "does it hurt, does it hurt" of course it fucking hurts. I'm sticking myself with a goddamn needle.

I probably could have broke down and cried right then but I didn't. I just took a deep breath and said to myself that I could do this, that it's all worth it in the end. Which is the truth. It is worth it in the end but that doesn't mean at that moment in time I wasn't hating life. I'm still feeling really positive about this cycle. I go back to the doctor on Monday for another ultrasound and blood work and they will either tell me to up my dosage or keep it the same.

Hopefully everything is on track so we can just keep this process going.

Search This Blog