CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, December 16, 2009

I Always Say A Little Prayer

At night before I fall asleep.

I'm not a very religious person. I went to Catholic grammar school with a few years of public thrown in and then Catholic high school for good measure. So for me I feel like religion was shoved down my throat. I think it's safe to say that I'm the only person who went to summer school for religion. So when it comes to going to church, the bible and so forth I'm not big on it but that doesn't mean I don't believe. I feel that I do my best work at night when I have a clear head and can really "talk" with the big guy.

I'm always very thankful for everything I have; my family, friends, health, and some materialistic things that I've grown to love. After I get all of that out of the way my prayers if you will always turn towards IVF. "Please God, let it work. We will be the best parents." Then it dawned on me, if I'm going through IVF technically it's science more than faith per se. Even as much as I want to believe that faith does play a part in it I can't help but to think if it's going to work it's going to work. Now some people will say that if it works it's God's doing but I question that. I question it because I question almost everything about the Catholic religion so for me this is just one more thing that adds to it. There could be a multitude of reasons why an IVF cycle wouldn't result in a full term baby but to me it doesn't necessarily mean that God had anything to do with it.

I don't know maybe I'm way off base here but again it's only my opinion.

No comments:

Search This Blog