CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, December 18, 2009

Take This Knife Out Of My Back Won't You?

CHRISTINA IS A BACKSTABBER Pictures, Images and Photos

We've all dealt with this one time or another.

People who you let in and they just continue to shit on you over and over. I've finally let go of all these people in my life, I will never ever again put up with bullshit. Friendship should not be work, friendship should be a two way street. A friend doesn't do something for another friend and then turn around and say "see, this is what I did for you."

A friend should treat you with respect, everyone wants to be respected, no one wants to feel like their position or opinion is being mocked. You also have to show a friend confidence, insecurity is not an attractive quality, and in general people do not like being around it. You have to show confidence in your friends abilities, their ability to succeed, improve and in their ability to do whatever they put their mind too.

A friend should be loyal. It's unfortunate that a lot of people fall under this category of not being loyal. If a friend tells you something in confidence that doesn't mean you should tell everyone within a five mile radius. What was discussed between you and someone else should not be said to anyone. Now don't get me wrong, we've all talked about people, about a situation, about how one thing or another is messed up but you have to know when to set boundaries. You have to know when to say when.

A friend shouldn't be selfish. When you're in a friendship or any relationship for that matter you can't be selfish. It's not always about you, about what you can get from someone, how someone can help you. I think being a selfish friend is almost as bad as being a flaky friend. I'm sure we've all had to deal with this as well, you make plans with someone, you get all excited to hang out and then they don't call you back but you get a text saying "Sorry, I can't hang out, I have XYZ to do" and you're stuck. Basically it sucks and it's not fair because I bet if you did that to said friend you'd hear about it for the next week.

Lying is also a huge no-no in the friend department. I don't care if you're lying about what color socks you have on or lying about me to someone else. You just don't do it. I've been in plenty of situations where I've caught the other person flat out lying but because they were my friend I never said or did anything about it. I don't know if it's because they always needed the attention or if they were doing it on purpose to hurt me. Either way it goes back to the whole insecurity thing.

I've learned a lot from people that I'm no longer friends with. I never regret being friends with them but I now know what I will and will not put up with.

No comments:

Search This Blog